JellyPages.com

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dive Right In!

Time flies when you're having fun, so it shouldn't be too surprising that we've reached mid-July and Emma and I have only been to each of our local pools once. However, we made the most of our visits. Continuing swimming lessons throughout the winter paid off, as Emma was able to do new things at each pool! To be able to use the slides at the Y pool (blue and green slides in the pictures), Emma had to show the lifeguard that she could swim across the area beneath the slides. Then, at our community pool, Emma decided on her own that she was ready to try the diving board, where she'd have to jump in by herself and swim to the side, all while I just watched on the side. She was fearless! People often comment on how tall Emma is, and I always reply that I don't know where she gets her height. Now, I'm not sure where she gets her confidence, since neither Todd nor I would have done those things at her age, but it's still great to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment